H.B. Fleming was founded in 1955 by Howard B. Fleming and Ray Erickson with a focus on pile driving and marine work. In 1993, Dean Sciaraffa and John Linscott III purchased the company, expanding the scope of services to include design-build solutions for excavation support systems, cofferdams, ground improvement, subaqueous pipelines, retaining walls, and drilled shafts. Today, H.B. Fleming is owned by John “Scotty” Linscott IV, who continues to grow the business in size and scope.
H.B. Fleming has earned a reputation for quality, cost-effective geotechnical design-build solutions. Our ability to rapidly mobilize equipment and problem-solve has led to many long-term client and partner relationships.
We would be nowhere without our skilled workforce, which has grown to approximately 50 AWS-certified welders, NCCCO-licensed crane operators, and experienced pile driving foremen. Most of our field leadership began their careers here as welders or laborers. That kind of longevity is like gold.